Sunday, April 26, 2009

Universal Adult Franchise


Everybody is putting in their two pence in the wishing well, dropping honest word about the general elections, i simply will not be left out. This is the time for us to sit back and collect our thoughts, we are going to be the part of a democratic process. Government of the people, for the people by the people. Very powerful statement that. 

Most educated people choose to ensure that they do not vote. It is a time honoured cliche to say - What difference man?! I say fuck the difference, every vote counts! Just as i utter those words i feel embarassed, this is because my statement is as much a cliche itself. 

So i say i don't care if it makes a difference or not, whether my vote counts in the 'democratic process' , it is my fair share. I am entitled to my vote. Whenever i think of the vote i think of it as a gift, given to me (to us) by our elders, our forefathers. The people who stood up and asked for democracy, nay who fought for it. Not voting is like spitting on their efforts, their fight, their valour - they bled for this most basic right - Right to Universal Adult Franchise.

Come 30th April 2009 - i ask every Mumbaikar to cast his/her vote. Be proud of our democracy, which was fought with sheer sweat and guts. Signify their blood spilt on our streets as a blot on your finger - GO OUT AND TAKE WHAT'S YOURS - THE VOTE

2 comments:

der untermensch said...

hear hear.. incidentally, i'd like to vote for you to post on this blog more often, too!

Ninja Dufus said...

I am back BEEYATCH....back to stay