Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Nice guys finish last!

What I really don’t understand is this human compulsion this need to be good. Why do we think that if we are respectable, nice and pure we are going to be doing a service to society and looking after the greater good of mankind?

Right from childhood we are conditioned into thinking that being good is not only the right thing it is the only thing. Telling us that we should live honest god fearing lives and never think of harming someone else. To do unto others what we want them to do unto us. Of course once we grow up and open our eyes we realize that in fact no one gives a rats ass about our goodwill and definitely don’t bother about our well being or health.

To be completely honest with you , I don’t write this piece because I am feeling for my fellow nice man, its more of a retrospection than anything else. I have a grudge…its not on any one else other than myself. The grudge is this; I like women…and I am mad at myself for adoring women the way I do.

I love my mother, and I say that with no strings attached, I think its called unconditional love. Over the years I have come to admire my mother, and my respect for her has grown a lot. Herein does lay my misery!

Sigmund Freud says all the relations of a man are based on his relationship with his mother. It is directly related to how he treated his mother. Thus I respect all women with exception of a few. And this I think is a big hole in my being, this I will explain further.

In all my 20 years of life I barely considered myself worthy of a womans love. Maybe it was to do with the fact that I felt I wasn’t good looking enough, or maybe I thought I wasn’t as intellectual as women liked, which later became, maybe I wasn’t dumb enough. Having too little money or having too much money. Basically putting up psychological barriers and then bitching about them.

Until now, until this day…..because it is clear to me now why I couldn’t achieve a woman’s love, laying me at the doorstep of happiness never letting me in. It had nothing to do with any of my numerous shortcomings. The answer lay in Freuds thoughts.

What I had carelessly forgotten to realize or rather I had overlooked was that there was a flipside to Freuds Theory, just like it’s a mothers relationship with her son that decides his relationship with all woman. For a woman it was her relationship with her father which would have the same effect on her social life.

This got me thinking…her I was being the nice decent and honest guy when the truth is that there are very few of me out there. The world is full of jerks who weren’t nice and were genuinely and absolutely self centered.

We cant blame these people, you see when the bullshit about being nice and kind was being taught in moral science class they were wondering how they could go out and play some kind of sport. Or try and get the girl in class to profess her love to him. Most women had fathers who cared for them but were pricks nonetheless who treated their moms like shit and kept them subservient.

So the end result is that women unknowingly are attracted to the jerk, the asshole and the prick. It could be because they know exactly how to treat guys like this. And they can’t stand nice guys for the exact same reason….when someone treats them well, they don’t know how to react.

I realize that a lot of people reading this are going….no!!....this is so not true!!! I expect this more from the females out there, but you have to understand, women are genetically inclined to want a strong macho man in their lives. Sure they ‘say’ that they want a sensitive, caring and loving ‘lady boy’ , but as is the case with most women they don’t know what they want!

What sucks is that nice guys everywhere fall for this line…”I want a man who will understand my feelings and love me for what I am”. This line has made a lot of people turn themselves into soft spoken sensitive guys….me for example. It makes little difference to me that I didn’t find love,,, what I don’t like to see is that a man who acts like a real jerk gets the woman easily and more often than not he will have more on the side.

At times I wish that women will realize that they actually want the gentlemen and are just swayed by hormones…but I know that the truth is that nice and honest guys are the back up plan for most women. Not their priority……by no means.

They say that its good to be decent, nice and genuine….yes ‘they’ want to have all the women.

No comments: