Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Things that we hear.....

How often is it that we hear something or read something and instantly feel that it makes perfect sense? Well for me it’s a very rare occasion and when it does happen I am compelled to think more about it. Call it a force of habit or mindless ignorance but its there.
“Don’t make someone a priority in your life,
When you know that you are an option in theirs”

These words are so profound; insightful even, they made me really put things into perspective. Let me be the first to admit that I am not instantly brought to heights of emotional upheavals but this line really made my heart overflow with a lot of feelings at the same time.

Anger- at myself because I never gave this a thought and was fixated with a woman who clearly doesn’t think of me with the same admiration and love that I have for her.

Frustration- knowing that even armed with this revelation I wasn’t going to love her any less, and that my feelings for her were not going to be changing any time soon.

Contempt- I was feeling sick to my stomach knowing that I had somehow chosen to fall in this well of inequity trying to prove to myself that I can fail and setting myself up for disappointment once again.

Laughter- I had to face what a funny predicament I was in, the woman that I loved probably was hanging me by a thread and was playing with my emotions hey its true and its really funny. We love another persons misery don’t we so why not enjoy my own.

Elation – the fact that I know this now means that the realization is going to start picking on my head like an ice pick on an ice berg. Eventually I will come to the conclusion that I am doomed and I will pick up the pieces and move on to greener pastures.

Here I would like to thank my dear friends Toshal and Puneet who thought of me instantly as they got their hands on this particular statement. I don’t know how many people have pinned their hopes as I have on other people to bring them happiness. The bitter truth is that we might not get it but its nice to dream isn’t it well nightmares can wake you up abruptly people so lets get out of the dream while it is sweet and move on with our lives. Get of the train before it wrecks.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

nice work ,was a pleasure reading ,,others should a get a gimpse of it too.

dule said...

crazy stuff CK.. cheers!!
Chiggy