Saturday, March 31, 2007

Another Guy

Smelling like fresh flowers she walked in a trot
my head swelled up with racing thought
cracking a white grin she spoke in a tune
we set a date for next afternoon

The heart was beating many a mile
what i didn't know i was just another guy

Six months now, since we first met
i was a helpless butterfly caught in her net
in all that time we talked of this and that
in so many days i didn't smell the rat

Foolishly thinking that she was mine
sometime soon i was to realise
that i was just another guy

Sipping some coffee on the side of the street
i saw something no sight could beat
she stood there with that familiar smile
looking into the eyes of man dressed in style
the blood was like magma waiting to burst
no coffee could quench this thirst

All this while i couldn't fathom why?
i was just another guy

Pledged myself to erase all the lies
all that my heart had dreamed..why?
cursed the gods and the fluttering boy
and me being a fool who had jumped in joy

All my hopes lay dying lie
as i was just another guy

She picked up the phone and gave me a ring
i answered the call and felt the sweet sting
she tells me about the beach and the song
which she had heard all night long

A solitary tear moves across my face
the eyes staring into cold dark space
mouth tensed shaping into a pathetic smile
i am just another guy!

Chennakeshav Shenoy

No comments: