Thursday, May 17, 2007

I am done with this!

Enough is enough and its a time for a change!

Do you ever see yourself say this sometimes?Its a fairly common phrase for me and i am actually quite tired at my frequent use of it.

Its different for different people, some get duped, some get fooled by their peers way too often. Others expect too much from their significant others, and yet others expect change in their beloved cricket team.

It is a hue and cry over a situation which truly they cant do anything about. Why do i say that? well to think that someone who actually says this has been in this situation before and since he has been there before and was there again, it was something beyond the purview of his or her control wasn there.

For me personally is this pursuit for a girl that i might eventually fall in love with. Some one who might make me feel less like a stranger in this here universe of ours.

I wake up every morning, wash up, get dressed and go to my bus stop. Across the street, i see a girl standing at the bus stop there. I have seen this girl nearly everyday for about the last three years. In all those years i have never made a move. Not enough cojones for that, no!

Get on to my bus and get to work, there i see these colleagues of mine, men and women. I notice the women a lot more, because i am looking for my prospective girlfriend. And every now and then i gather my balls and speak to a new girl. Probably get to know her a little, and have the guts to ask her out for a cup of coffee.

Days would pass by, and then probably some weeks, all the while i will probably fantasize about the woman i have been seeing. The thing would gain more and more ground in my brain.

Finally it will happen, its a pattern, just when i get to the point to work up the coxcy to actually ask her to formally see me. She would interrupt, lean over, grab hold of both of my hands and say.

"I love to talk to you. you are such a nice guy, you are the friend that i have always wanted. I can depend on you, But i can never date you, our friendship is too important for me"

I would probably sit there smiling, nodding away, the minutes would seem as agonizing hours. Universe would seem like it has stopped for a second and taken time off to laugh at me. Just absorb the pleasure of my own personal pity theater, where i am standing bare naked in front of the whole audience, just waiting for the curtains to come down.

Walk around the office, just whiling away my time, all the while avoiding my 'good' friend. Take the bus back home. Lie awake in bed till three in the morning , just saying to myself "enough is enough, its time for a change"

Wake up the next morning, stand at my bus stop and wonder when i would have the balls to go up to the girl at the opposite bus stop. NOTHING CHANGES

No comments: