Monday, September 28, 2009

In a sticky conundrum

Long long time ago, a fable was related to me. An old aunt was explaining why a man should never waste his time with a woman his own age.

"Arre the ideologies don't match, the states of mind are different. It takes a man a while to get his bearings right, but a woman is always 5 years ahead. So to be happy, a man should always find a woman who is younger than him. This is the truth Chennakeshav, live by it"

I honestly didn't buy this logic, particularly because i was 17 when i was given this secret and the women would be 12 years old - Gross - right.

I went about my life, hitting on girls my age, and older in some cases. Struck out for the next five years, each an every time. Guess what i found out in that time, most of those girls were either already hitched, or in the process of being hitched to a guy senior to them by at least 4 - 5 years.

So after five years, now i am actually in the situation to hit on these women and not be called a pervert right?

WRONG - I still think this is not the way to go about it. I mean these girls are five whole years younger than me right? They are young man, kids really.... So if i hit on them i will feel like a big pervert. Society probably does not shun it, but i would like to stay away from this.

Then again, thats what everybody is doing, so whether i like it or not - this probably is the way it goes. This is my sticky conundrum......

Oh, to be truly honest with you, i think that i am scared of hitting on these women, lest i strike out again....to kids.....what a blow to an already battered self esteem.

You know what i am saying.


No comments: