Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Seeker


I've looked under chairs
I've looked under tables
I've tried to find the key
To fifty million fables

They call me The Seeker
I've been searching low and high
I won't get to get what I'm after
Till the day I die


-------The Who

Many years ago, i was introduced to the concept of true love, eternal happiness and of course world peace. Novelty concepts, which really do not have basis in the real world, but the sheer magnificence of these concepts have made me a seeker.

Eternal happiness & World Peace always seemed a bit stretched to me, but true love was quite realistic. All you had to do was fall in love, isn't it interesting how the phrase has been termed, falling in love. It is almost an accident, it happens, out of the clear blue sky. There is no pattern, no essence behind what just happened, it just happened.

Fairly simple no? Quite possible, you just have to go about your daily life and you will FALL in love.

WRONG

After 23 years of living, and over a decade of believing this load of tripe i have come to the conclusion that there is no falling in love, you have to free fall in to the stuff. And just like any other professional free fall, you can't not do your research, find the spot, go the right height and take a dive. You don't want yourself splattered all over the footpath do you? DO YOU?

Now i am a seeker man, i am looking for the good stuff, i am out there scowering the streets, the high and low corners of my beloved city. Then i go on to cyberspace, countless hours of searching, looking and just basically doing the prep work.

This place (the world) is about people who go out there and get what they want. Well i want that, the eternal love, the soulmate, mon cherie - i am going for it man.

The search has been on for the last 23 years, and guess i will still go on until....well i find it right.

I told Mr. Reaper only one thing, don't you get in my way old man, i will be right with you....i just have to find this thing...have to get to it

I won't get to get what I'm after
Till the day I die

We shall see about that.....won't we REAPY


1 comment:

der untermensch said...

I like it. I like it. I like it. Keep that good energy comin' bro. What goes around comes around an' all that :D

of course, the song is going to be stuck in my head all day now. I like it! XD